Also, here’s some other helpful pages:
- First, get a blaster. Or hire one on the day. Easy! IMPORTANT: Always transport your blaster in a secure and covered container (duffle bag, travel case, etc) and NEVER take it out in public for ANY reason.
- Ammunition – You’ll need gels unless you’re hiring a blaster. Buy them from HQ (contact us) if you like or you can get them online. Hydrate them according to their instructions or whatever witchcraft you’ve heard of online, haha. In all seriousness, soak ’em for 6 hours, drain and store somewhere moderate and out of the sun and you should be fine for up to a few months.
- Eye protection, proper wrap-around and NOT sunnies. Look after your eyes, people!
- Closed-in shoes.
- That’s it! You might see photos of other players and think that you HAVE to have camo gear or a vest or even mag pouches. You don’t. Just rock up and play, you’ll have fun straightaway and you’ll figure out what kind of gear you’ll need by how you like to play.
Feel free to go with the basics, many do!
Or get all geared-up, many do that as well!
Indoor games are Wed-Fri nights and all-day Saturday:
- $25 for Members (Join Now!) for CQB on Wed-Fri nights
- $35 for Members (Join Now!) for CQB on Saturday
For the hardcore gelballers of the group, be sure and check out our MILSIM events that we run a few times a year. They are legendary and one-of-a-kind!
CQB – Close-Quarters Battlefield
The CQB is open every night from Tuesday to Friday from 6:00pm – 10:00pm and on Saturday from 3:00pm – 9:00pm.
You can rock up with just you for $25 during the week and $35 on Saturday, for Members, $35 and $45, respectively for non-Members (Join now!)
Plus, the CQB is available for private hire just about any time and is perfect for:
- Buck’s Nights/Hen’s Nights
- Company Team-Building Events
- Birthday Parties
Parking is fine in front of CQB but fills up quick, and in the interests of respecting our neighbours, we ask that you abide all “No Parking” signs. Across the street on the verge is ample parking for all attendees.
Come in through the front and make your way to the pay window to get that sorted first. If it’s your first time we’ll have you sign the Waiver and Release (though this will be available online soon as well).
Even though we accept EFTPOS or Bank Transfer on-site, we recommend you bring cash for snacks or gels or other goodies for sale at CQB.
Get a spot on a table and get geared up!
Don’t be bothered by it feeling like everyone’s squeezed in, it’s the best way to get to know the folks you’ll be shooting soon!
Games are officiated by some truly excellent humans on the CQB Staff who make each match unique and fun for everybody.
There’s an FPS limit on blasters at CQB, so you’ll need to get your blaster chrono’ed first to make sure you’re under the limit.
EDIT: Unless it’s Thursday! No limits, no restrictions, not for the faint of heart! Metal and Gas allowed!
Then it’s Game On!
Everyone is welcome, of any age or ability, and we encourage you to come and take part of this beautiful sport and amazing community we have here.
We have entire families that come out and have a blast, and because there’s no age restriction like Paintball, kids of all ages come out every week and have the time of their lives.
The single most important thing to remember is: HAVE FUN!